But first we need lots of things for them to comment on! Some of you already have lots of work published on the blog, but we need work from everyone in Ash Class - this is where your homework tasks come in...
You need to create something for our blog. Our topic after Easter will be the Olympics, so that's what we'll base our task on :-) What you create is up to you - here are some ideas...
- A piece of writing (story, research, information, poem, biography) with an olympic theme. You could type on Word and then email it into the blog.
- Could you get your parent/grandparent/auntie/uncle/etc to tell you about their favourite olympic hero - type it up with them for the blog!
- A presentation about the olympics - use Powerpoint, or try something like www.prezi.com or googledocs.
- If you have a microphone, or a computer with a built-in microphone, you could record your piece of work as an audio file. Then email it in to the blog and I'll put it on there!
- If you have a video camera, you could create an olympics-themed video.
- You could create some olympic artwork, then photograph it and email it in. Or we could scan it in school and add it to the blog :-)
- If you enjoy Scratch, you could create something on there with an olympic theme, then we could add it to the blog.
- Anything else you can think of! It doesn't matter if you do not have a computer at home, you can do your piece of work by hand and then we can type up/scan/photograph it for the blog in school :-)
Once all our work is on the blog, we need to get our families involved - I want you to pester mums, dads, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunties and uncles to comment on it!!! We want as many as we can get - have a look at the guide below for some ideas on making great blog comments - click to enlarge it (thanks to Leopold Primary School for the tips!).
Get thinking - the more imaginative your work, the better!
Mr K :-)