Tuesday 22 May 2012

Grace's Olympic Writing!

Here's what Grace produced in a Live Writing session this evening - the prompt was a photo of someone carrying the Olympic Torch. It's an absolutely wonderful piece of writing - well done Grace! Which is your favourite part? I think mine is the line where people are flooding her with questions - a great line!

As I sprinted through the gritty street I suddenly felt overwhelmed: why was I chosen from everyone in Longberry? My supporting friends cheered to me though, I felt extremely proud. I heard them over the screaming crowd and my thumping heart. A trickle of sweat dropped from my forehead, as slowly as a tortoise, I remembered my parents joy when we got that stunning phone call - I am holding the Olympic torch! Immediately I was determined to carry on. My arm was like iron with the weight of the, somehow holy, torch. A mob of people were following me, pushing freezing cold, metal speakers at me, flooding me with questions. Then, they stopped. All at once everyone started roaring! I'd crossed the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.